… mind out of the gutter, please! I’m talking about vaping here. So there’s this big debate going on over whether it’s better to stay inside and vape right at your desk, or if actual smoke breaks should remain sacred.
Little breaks in the day is one of the huge perks of cigarette smoking, so it would follow that vaping should be done outdoors too, right? (Unless it’s raining. Then, screw that). Plus, more insider gossip is exchanged on smoke breaks than on golf courses; that’s a proven fact.
So why miss out just because you partake in a non-traditional puff?
For a debate such as this, we deemed it necessary to employ the ol’ standard: the venerable pros and cons list. Retro, maybe, but also a terribly effective way of determining the best option. Without further ado, we bring you…
Vaping Inside PROS
- Convenience – You don’t even have to get up from the couch. No waiting for commercial breaks, woo hoo!
- Novelty factor – Isn’t it kind of cool to say you can vape inside?
- Workflow – Let’s say you work from home. Sometimes interrupting that precious flow of ideas can be damaging to the creative process. In these instances, it’s so much better to just reach aside of you and vape where you sit.
- Airports – Enough said. It’s impossible to find designated smoking areas. So when the urge hits you…just vape away!
Vaping Inside CONS
- Missing out – What kinds of things are you missing out on by staying holed up inside? You never know.
- Confusion – Some businesses may not be fully informed on the fine intricacies of vaping, so they may forbid it in public areas to avoid confusion. There’s always a risk that senior security guard will make you stop vaping while you’re debating a double versus a quadruple Frappuccino.
Vaping Outside PROS
- Social – You don’t miss out on the revered “smoke break”
- Break Time – Everyone needs to yank their eyeballs away from that computer screen every once in a while. This is a built-in reason to step away, take a breath, and relax for a few
- Gossip – You know where it’s going down, and that’s at the smoker’s patio. How do they know so much more than everyone else? Is it just because they’re actually allowed to speak freely without worrying about who may be listening?
- Routine – You’re used to going outside at 11, 1, and 3 and you like it like that. Why change?
Vaping Outside CONS
- Uh, weather – Rain. Snow. Sleet. Hurricane. Freezing cold fingers. Sweltering hot sweat-fests. You get the picture.
- Smoky smells – when you stand with the cigarette smokers, you smell like smoke. Wasn’t that something you were trying to avoid in the first place?Hey, you may just inspire others to make the switch…and that is a public service.
Vaping it right
Bottom line is, no matter where you like to DO IT, you’re doing it right. Because you’re vaping, and in doing so you’re participating in your right to enjoy TRUE FREEDOM.
Freedom from the confines of staying in one designated area. Freedom to be inside or outside or upside down. So whether you want to vape in your home, in your closet (hey, no judgment), in a park, at the beach, or on a crowded sidewalk, we got ya covered.
Tell us – where do you do most of your vaping, and why?