We don’t mean to alarm you, but summer is on its way out. The mornings are cooler, the days are getting shorter, & the urge to buy cardigans and trade in flip flops for closed toe shoes is at an all time high!
Whether you’re looking forward to layering up & embracing the fall or not, make the most of your summer this Labor Day by using that BBQ grill!
The smell of charcoal burning, the warm sunshine on your bare shoulders and the feel of cool green grass in between your toes calls for some…
Great summer end grilling recipes for labor day weekend:
Here are some of our Veppo team favorites
GRILLED STUFFED JALEPENOS
Who doesn’t love the combination of spicy and creamy? We love it! The rich and creamy combination of bacon, cream cheese, and cheddar nicely contrasts the muted spice of grilled jalapeño peppers. This appetizer recipe is a healthy, fresh alternative to the popular breaded and fried version.
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 14 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon. Combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl, stirring to combine. Divide cheese evenly and fill the pepper halves. Place peppers, cheese side up, on grill rack or grill grate coated with cooking spray. Cover and grill peppers 8 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned. Place the peppers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato.
FLANK STEAK WITH SPICY PESTO
This flank steak grilling recipe for Labor Day is perfect. It grills up fast and is super tasty! We like to marinate our steak first. The ground almonds thicken this lively herb sauce. The pesto is also good as a spread for burgers and sandwiches, or as a pizza sauce.
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender; process until finely chopped (about 15 seconds). Add yogurt and juice; process until smooth.
- Grill steak 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve steak with pesto. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Patsy Jamieson, Cooking Light
GRILLED STONE FRUIT
Black pepper and vanilla heighten the sweetness of the stone fruit. Firm fruit holds up best on the grill. Serve this dish as an appetizer or salad course. You can use peaches or plums, both are delicious.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound firm black plums, halved and pitted
- 1 pound firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/2 pound firm nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1/2 pound firm pluots, halved and pitted
- Cooking spray
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare fruit, place fruit on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Drizzle fruit with dressing. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Richard Ruben, Cooking Light
RUM GRILLED PINEAPPLE WITH ROASTED COCONUT
You might have guessed that we like things sweet here at Veppo. These six ingredients make one delicious dessert in less than 10 minutes.
(Veppo Vapers: Get the same flavors without the sugar rush with Pineapple, Rum and Coconut Flavored e-liquid for your e-cigarette or personal vaporizer).
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark spiced rum (such as Captain Morgan’s) $
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, halved lengthwise, and sliced lengthwise into 12 wedges (about 1 1/2 pounds)$
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. Combine sugar and rum in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Brush rum mixture evenly over pineapple wedges.
- 2. Melt butter in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple to pan; grill 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks form and pineapple is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve with ice cream.
Elizabeth Karmel, Cooking Light
ENJOY YOUR LABOR DAY!
As you can see, we love things spicy and sweet! And, like you, we love living life on our terms. To us, that means having choices that allow us to life the lifestyle we want. Veppo offers the most complete and stringently tested lines of electronic cigarettes, personal vaporizers and e-cigars on the market, but we don’t stop there. We ensure that our customers are successful in transitioning to a healthier lifestyle with our famous support team of e-cigarette Ninjas.
This Labor Day, we want the only thing to be smoking in your yard to be the barbecue grill. Enjoy the recipes above, and enjoy the savings you’ll find on in our store for this labor day period on the bold Vetta Personal Nicotine Vaporizer and all our flavors of e-liquid nicotine solution.